Contacted by homeowners in northeast Minneapolis to see if we can utilize the attic space as a play area, home office, and a workout room with additional storage and a closet.
After demolition, we realized that the floor is not gonna be able to hold all the weight so we have to think outside of the box to bring enough lumber and strength to the floor and the ceiling below to the bedrooms.
- Updated all of the electrical
- Removed all the knob and tube
- Added framing and closed cell foam installation
- Added built-in closets and book shells throughout
- Replaced a window
- Painted the chimney as well as all the woodwork and the walls
Not only did we gain square footage to the house but also got rid of potential fire and structural hazards.